Sunday, September 21, 2014

Next Stop: Vienna!

I got back from Sardinia and had one glorious day at home before I headed off to Vienna for the weekend (tough life, I know!). Sometimes it's nice to still have a day to get settled before heading off on a new adventure.

I needed to knock off all the sand, sun and salt damage and get ready for fall. I headed to my local nail salon, MYZ, for a mani/pedi and a cup of tea.  If you look closely the sugar is the shape of a tea pot, adorable!


After that I swung by the Notting Hill hair salon, Taylor Taylor for a cut. It was my first time there and it's AMAZING. Their hair washing room is floor to ceiling gold and they have a full bar on site for complementary cocktails. The Brits really know how to do things right!


My flight was at 6 AM the next morning (!) so I got to packing. The good thing about early flights are the sunrise views.

This photo is right before we landed in Vienna, Austria. I thought the landscape looked awesome.


I arrived bright and early and a few hours before my friends did. I took advantage of the time and enjoyed the morning with a stroll through the city park.









I wandered around the quaint little streets peaking into shops, stumbling across history, and finally deciding on an outdoor coffee shop for tea and a Viennese pastry.

















After my morning tour of Vienna, and that annoyingly early flight, I was ready for a little afternoon nap. Isn't that what vacations are for? We rented a flat out in the center of the city through airbnb. It had the most beautiful stairway headed up to the flat.


i woke up in the afternoon to the arrival of my friends! My friend Mara and I met in college. She and her husband were on a Eurotrip and we decided to meet up in Vienna. All of us were starving, so after a few sights, we went in search of food.



We rounded the bend and found this little gem. It was apparently the oldest restaurant in Vienna. It was great! We toasted with wine and caught up. Our weekend was just getting started though. I'll share more soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment