Monday, September 15, 2014

Diving the Mediterranean

Although days spent on the beach were lovely, we decided to spend one day out on the water. We booked space on the Andrea Padre for a full day on the water, diving for me, snorkeling for Diane.


The water was pretty cold (compared to my usual dive spots) so they set me up with a wetsuit.








We headed up to the top deck for a better view.





You can't see them in this photo, but we saw dolphins out there.








 I headed off for a first dive. Sardinia is known for the beautiful under water caves at the bottom of these cliffs. I saw star fish, squid, octopus, and loads of sea urchins.


After a nearly 2 hour dive, I worked up an appetite. Our lunch was al fresco on the boat. A hot meal of pasta, mussels, wine and fresh fruit for dessert.



After lunch I headed off to another dive. When we got back to the boat we jumped into the water for a last swim and took pictures with the gorgeous scenery.






It was a great way to spend the day. We made it back in time to catch the last few rays of sun on the beach. Until next time, Italy!


No comments:

Post a Comment