Saturday, November 15, 2014

Meatopia!

I have a new London post for you! Back in September, a friend had an extra ticket to Meatopia, which is exactly what is sounds like: meat galore. I happily said yes and headed over to the East side of London with an empty stomach.



When you arrive you buy 'meat bucks' to trade in at each table to get a dish. I collected a handful and we set off to explore.


The venue, the Tobacco Docks, was beautiful. Partly covered and part open air, it was the perfect place for bbqs and meat smokers.






We started off with Comte burgers from Tommi's Burgers in London. The chef gave us vouchers for a free meal at his restaurant. I can't wait to cash in.




We then headed down to Sailor Jerry's bar for a cocktail and popped into the photo booth.





This taco was amazing: a BBQ whole slow cooked goat taco from Smokehouse. I loved dish so much.


This dish was from the famous Duck & Waffle "Hara Bhara Lamb Cutlets." Really hard to eat but good. You just had to pick it up by the bone and take a bite.


Randomly, Sarah got handed a black truffle. We all oohed and ahhed.


After several samples, we all took a meat break and headed to the bar for 'pickle back' shots. I found out I'm not a fan.




There were some dessert tables as well. The Crisy Club had a 'Dead Elvis' option.  It was a banana jam, peanut butter and candied bacon rice krispy. Brilliant.



And last but not least, the BEST dish of the day. The Chef was Beau Myers from Almost Famous. Sadly they don't have a London restaurant. The line wrapped around the corner. Apparently everyone else knew this was the place to eat at as well.



The sliders were called the 'Famous Breakfast Club Burger.' It was a luscious burger with spicy jack cheese, bourbon brined pork collars and topped with a maple glaze and honey nut 'beerios.'




That's my, "Oh my God that's a good burger' face. I am not ashamed that I got back in line and had a second one. It was worth the wait!


Here's the chef himself. I told him he needs to open a shop in London, asap!


After a fun day at the fest we headed over to the always fun Borough Market to toast off the weekend with a cider. I can't wait to do it again next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment