Monday, November 17, 2014

An Oktoberfest Warm Up


In late September, London was just as gorgeous an Autumn as any city I've lived in. The idea that London is always gray and gloomy I've found to be utter nonsense. Thankfully. With the sun out, I headed South of the Thames to an Oktoberfest tent set up in London.



The tent was huge, and being Sunday it wasn't too crowded. A traditional German band was playing loads of traditional German songs. I had no idea what they were saying, but the music sounded fun.



We cashed in our groupons for our 1/2 pint beers and quickly upgraded to the big boys.





Then our sausages and chips arrived. We happily ate them up.



We had a few more friends join and danced on the benches. Apparently, it's a very traditional part of Oktoberfest. Who are we to argue with tradition.




It was a great time. I hopped on the bus home after a bit and passed by Parliament and Big Ben on the ride home. I'm still in awe that I live in this city. It's a beauty.




No comments:

Post a Comment