Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Afternoon Tea: Alice in Wonderland Style

As the weather slowly started to feel crisp and turn to Autumn, a warm cup of tea felt like a great way to spend an afternoon. I'd heard of an Alice in Wonderland themed afternoon tea at the Sanderson Hotel in Fitzrovia. I mentioned it to my friend Jenn and she was just as excited as me. We grabbed a reservation and prepared ourselves to 'go down the rabbit hole.'


Look at us in our trenches. We've embraced the London weather.


Photo bomb from the wait staff!


Everything about the table created a whimsical atmosphere from the dishes to the tea pots.


Cutlery was wrapped in a riddle. Mine read: 'At night they come without being fetched. By day they are gone without being stolen. What are they?'


Answer: the Stars of course!


The teas were exotic mixes of sweet flavors. I went with the lovely strawberries and cream. It smelled and tasted heavenly.




Our sugar even came in jewelry boxes! I had that exact one when I was little. It played the little song and everything.


The tray of savory and sweet treats finally arrived. It was a sight to see.







My favorite part, the 'drink me' potion that was a mix of coconut cream, passionfruit and mango puree. It really made the experience. I loved this afternoon tea. Definitely worth a trip there.


It was dark by the time we left. Yes, London gets dark early now. I'm adjusting!



No comments:

Post a Comment