Saturday, June 14, 2014

Studio Living

I don't move into my flat for a few more weeks, but I'm already dreaming about how I'm going to decorate my new little space in London. Today, I'm sharing a few sneak peaks of my flat from the property owner's website. That's then followed by some massive pinterest idea binging I did this morning. Big progress here, big progress.



 
Yes, there is a tiny little balcony outside the bay windows! I love how much light this flat gets. Oh and those trees across the street; part of the private neighborhood park I'll soon be sunning in (I get my own little key!).

Now below are my quick iPhone photos the first day I viewed the flat. It's got an adorable little loft where I plan on putting an air mattress for visitors (come visit!). Through the door is a MASSIVE closet (you know I need that) and a cute little bathroom that I forgot to take a pic of.


How gorgeous is that crown molding! I love it. My itty bitty kitchen is over on the right.




So with this new flat I'm am THRILLED to start injecting it with my style. Here are a few pinterest ideas I'm considering.

I'm obsessed with the idea of a "wall mounted bar." If this doesn't scream, 'Alicia' I don't know what does.

image from Decor8

I love the idea of breaking up space with this IKEA shelving system. It's also a good place to store shoes. I totally got this idea from my lovely friend, Maureen, back in Chicago. She makes this look good!


I'm likely going to need some extra storage space, and I adore this color coded wire rack system.

Very smart bath towel storing probably needs to be in my life here.

How perfect is this little wall mounted drop down desk? I envision it doing double duty for a dinner party. In white of course.


I love to cook so I'm going to need some more kitchen space. This kitchen cabinet from IKEA could be perfect. It opens up to double the counter space.


And just in case I need it, more closet space via hanging rack.

1 comment: