Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A Sunday in Exmouth Market

Sunday morning I work up to the sun shining down like it was Southern California. I might be a new Londoner but I knew enough to get out and make the most of the day!

My new friend, Jenn, and I "popped over" (a phrase the Brits use here nonstop) to brunch in Exmouth Market. It's a beautifully quaint street about 3 minutes from my current flat. The 'market' is a back alley filled with restaurants and pubs, loads of outdoor seating and cobblestone roads meant for pedestrians only (key word, MEANT).


We decided on Caravan and lucked out with a cozy two top table at outside just as the sun was peeking over the buildings (and minutes before the crowds rolled in). Jenn ordered a pretty little latte and I sipped on some fresh mint tea, my fave.



For brunch I devoured a soft boiled egg on basically french onion soup sourdough bread. How could I not order that!?


Jenn ordered tasty avocado on toast and stripy bacon (that's what they call it here, hmm).


We were so wrapped up in talking about our weekends that I forgot to get a picture of us! That will be remedied shortly.  After brunch I headed over to Hyde Park, parked myself in a deck chair and soaked up the London sunshine. I may have taken a little nap out there. :)




After some quality sun time I got a message from my coworker, Karolina, to join her in Islington for a pint. Brilliant idea! I jumped on the tube and met her for a few ciders.


Here's the beautiful Karolina showing me around her neighborhood.




After a very full day, I walked back home and through Exmouth Market just as the little fairy lights were coming on. Gorgeous! I keep pinching myself that I live here.


No comments:

Post a Comment