Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday Brunch at Jam

After a pretty eventful weekend it's always relaxing to meet up with friends and enjoy a well done brunch. Chicago is a city with endless options so I usually try to explore new places.

This Sunday my friend, Maureen, and I headed to Logan Square to try a cute little spot called Jam. It's a tiny restaurant, filled to the brim with tables. I loved the bright white decor with soft lighting and green accents.



We started off with mimosas and poured through the menu. They had so many great options it was hard to decide: sweet or savory?



Luckily, they started us off with chocolate hazelnut cookies (the way all brunches should start!) while we mulled over the menu some more.




We started with the Malted Custard French Toast which Food and Wine Magazine rated as one of the 10 best dishes of 2010. I have to say, it was pretty amazing. They soak the brioche in vanilla custard then caramelize it in a hot pan. It's served with macerated cherries, whipped cream and pink peppercorns. Wow.



We also ordered a side of jowl bacon which I ate more than my fare share of. Sorry, Maureen!

Then round two of drinks before our entrees.



Maureen ordered the Eggs Benedict with butternut squash hollandaise sauce and brown sugar bacon sausage. I ordered the Burrito Suizo, which was a buckwheat crepe filled with the most tender braised beef, tomato creme and gouda. Holy cow, I could have eaten too.



 We had a great time and I'm still dreaming about that burrito. We cleared our plates pretty quickly. Hands down I would go back again, and highly recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment