Sunday, February 2, 2014

A Sephora Kind Of Night

Most women I know view Sephora as the adult equivalent of a candy shop. Aisles packed with beautiful colors, delicious scents AND you get to play with everything. Clearly you have just entered heaven.

I was back in Delaware, land of tax-free shopping, and couldn't pass up a quick trip. As usual I walk in with one or two things in mind but leave with a few more than expected. Allow me to share.




First up, the reason I went to Sephora, was to check out the newly released Elizabeth and James Nirvana fragrances by Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen: Nirvana Black and Nirvana White.

I tried Nirvana Black first. It's described as having notes of violet, sandalwood and vanilla. There is no denying this is a strong fragrance. I spritzed some on and walked around the store a bit to see how I felt. There is a strong sense of seductiveness to Nirvana Black and it takes a little getting use to. It is a scent I would definitely wear at night or on a date.  And the bottle is edgy yet elegant.



Then I tried on Nirvana White.  This fragrance is described as a blend of peony, chic muguet, and tender musk for a feminine scent with dark sophistication. It's definitely more my style and an everyday scent. Fresh and floral are words that come to mind. I loved it immediately.



So what to do? One of the Sephora staffers recommended I layer them together and it was pure brilliance. It mellows down the Black scent just a enough and gives the White a bit more edge. I snapped up both of the fragrances in the rollerball version so I didn't drop a fortune. I love them!


I also picked up Sugar Lip Polish from Fresh. I find that my lips get annoyingly chapped during the dry winter months and I want something to take that top layer off. I read a few reviews about this and decided to give it a try. I'll keep you posted!



Over the past year I started using eye cream in the AM and PM to prevent wrinkles and lines. I'm using All About Eyes from Clinique, but I'm not crazy about it. I guess I don't really notice a difference. So I picked up the Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream from Sephora's bestseller wall. It has caffeine to wake up eyes and generally brighten. I'll let you know if I like this one better.


And last but not least, is Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate. This past year I've also discovered the difference a well defined brow can make. The amazing makeup blog, Mascara, has shown me the subtle enhancement of defined brows and raves about this product. I had the Sephora staff apply some on me and loved it.




That's all my goodies from a fun trip to Sephora. Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment