Monday, March 11, 2013

Welcome to Miami

Come February every year, I desperately need a break from winter. My first Chicago winter meant I needed it more than ever. I'm a very lucky lady and was able to head off to the tropical beaches of South Beach with my best friend. 


We popped into a little Cuba restaurant as soon as we arrived.This burrata and guava paste dish was phenomenal.


They blend mint into their mojitos. Pure Genius. I must remember this for summer.


The South Beach Food and Wine Festival was in full swing when we arrived.  First up was The Q after Dark hosted by Moet and Hennessey...


And the lovely Curtis Stone. His dish was the best of the night, tasty shrimp tacos!




I clearly enjoyed every last bite. Thanks, Curtis!



So gorgeous!
 



Not even 10 hours into our trip and I had fully adjusted to sandals and no coats. Ahh. Stay tuned for day two; a ceviche and garden party hosted by Emerill.

No comments:

Post a Comment