Thursday, March 14, 2013

Key Largo and The Bazaar

Sunday was one of my favorite days of our Miami trip. We rented a zipcar and headed to the Keys!! My family and I have spent quite a bit of time scuba diving in Key Largo so it was great to share it with my best friend. One of our favorite post-dive dinner spots was Senor Frijoles, right on the water.




We ordered up some fish tacos and enjoyed the view.


Next up, we went to John Pennekamp State Park. The beach was more like a rocky mess. You should have seen us two fools trying to walk barefoot into the water. We looked crazy.


Next, we headed out on a glass bottom boat for a few hours to see the sea life on Molasses Reef.












After an eventful drive back to Miami (I swear we heard a snake hissing in the car), we enjoyed my favorite meal of the trip at Jose Andres' The Bazaar in the SLS Hotel. The food was mind blowingly good and the decor was like a whimsical library. I cannot say enough good things about this place. Please just go there.




This was a burrata with sweet Japanese peaches. Burrata was definitely a theme for the weekend.




Oh man, the Black Rossejat was my favorite dish of the night. If you ever see this on the menu anywhere, try it.


Brussel sprouts with foam? A little crazy, but crazy good.

The next morning I headed home to Chicago and then on another mini vacation to Phoenix and San Diego! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment