Monday, March 18, 2013

California Dreaming

A quick 45 minute flight and I swapped out Phoenix for San Diego. One of my best friends just moved there after a two year Masters program in Sydney, Australia. It was my first time in San Diego and I cannot wait to go back and visit.

 
Michelle and I enjoyed kava at a yoga studio in North Park. Have you ever had kava? It's an interesting drink know for it's sedative and anesthetic properties. They came in flavors like chocolate and pineapple coconut and make your mouth a little bit tingling.






The next day we drove to the beach to catch some rays. Another beautiful 80 degree day.






We went to Black's Beach at La Jolla. It was a gorgeous beach, but we didn't realize we had to hike down. Guess we got a sneak work out in.




It was a rocky trip down, but we made it. We then discovered it is a nude gay beach. Whoops.




After the beach, we stopped by a friends house in La Jolla. From her porch you could see La Jolla high school and the ocean (see it in the distance). I can't even imagine going to high school here. Stunning.


We wanted to catch the sunset, so we booked it over to Sunset Cliffs.


We made it just in time to see the sun sink into the Pacific.










Back home, Sarah treated me to an awesome henna tattoo on my foot. She's an artist who co-founded an amazing non-profit called The Mural Dream Team. She's pretty awesome.

The only way to top a day on sunny California beaches? Go to a wine tasting bar of course. We went to Splash in North Park. You get a card loaded with credits, choose the wine you want to taste, and the perfect amount dispenses into your glass. Brilliant.






Sunday morning we decided to visit the Farmers Market for green juice and free samples. We were not disappointed.


 








I wore my hot pink maxi skirt that I picked up in South Beach. It was a big hit. I wish I didn't have to wait months to debut it in Chicago.


We splurged on some Baklava. Yum.






Our last stop on the way to the airport was Little Italy. We stopped in for a quick bite and ended up with a free bottle of Champagne from this awesome group who was having a party (see them behind us). Man, I loved this city.




Annnd, back to the airport. It was a quick trip, but I am definitely a San Diego fan. Planning my next trip soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment