Sunday, July 27, 2014

No Chocolate Chip Cookies?!

I learn something new here everyday. Today, my lesson learned was about chocolate chip cookies, or the lack of them in London.

image from Brownie Box

Tomorrow there is a charity bake sale at work that I was signed up to participate in. Usually that's something I'm game for back home. Then I remember I don't have ANY baking supplies until my boxes from the US get here. With my dreams of homemade chocolate chip cookies dashed, I decided store bought cookie dough would have to do. I got to the local Tesco's to find nothing. So I hiked down to the GIANT Whole Foods on Kensington street. Surely they would have what I needed.  I asked them if they had chocolate chip cookie dough and they looked at my liked I had three heads. Then handed me a box of frozen puff pastry (um, not even close).

Slightly crushed, I walked over to the bakery ready to settle for store bought chocolate chip cookies. What did I find there? Four sad little choc chip cookies. With all my hopes of bringing anything to this bake sale tomorrow, I scooped them up, bought vanilla ice cream and made two ice cream sandwiches that are in my freezer right now. Sometimes you gotta know when to give up!

I have completely taking store bought cookie dough for granted. It is a genius invention. Pilsbury, Nestle, Tollhouse; please come across the pond!

No comments:

Post a Comment