Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sugar Rush

Last Thursday night I ventured out in the snow and cold for a really great non-profit called Spark. They create apprenticeships for 7th and 8th graders in Chicago to drive interest in their futures and the needed education to get them there. It's a really great organization and I was happy to add my contributions, especially with the treats their event had in store.

Sugar Rush includes some of Chicago's top chefs and their inspired desserts, a carefully curated collection of silent auction items, and a lovely mix of people to mingle with. We made it around to all the tables and my favorite dessert ended up being a goat cheese cheesecake from Blackbird. It was heavenly.

This is turning into quite the food blog. I swear I do more than just eat! But let me show you some more great food...

First off, It was pretty gross out.

But gorgeous inside. The event was at Hotel Allegro downtown.



This was the most stunning table display. Mountains of salt, branches and rosemary created a beautiful winter scape for Popcorn and Rosemary Bon Bons. You heard me right and yes there were delicious with a liquid bursting center. Compliments of Chef Thomas Raquel at Acadia.


Here's Grace enjoying every drop of it.




This was a beautiful huckleberry pop tart with tangerine sorbet from mK The Restaurant. The sorbet was pretty great.

Here's the goat cheese cheesecake with avocado and burnt grapefruit. Sounds weird, tastes decadent.

I did have a favorite dish of the night. An out of this world Potato Gnocchi from The Florentine. It brought be right back to my time in Italy.


















No comments:

Post a Comment