Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spaaaaah Time!

After a full night's sleep wrapped up in my fluffy cloud like bed, I woke up early to walk around and get some breakfast with a view of the Santa Catalina mountains.





After breakfast I signed up for "floating mediation." I thought it might be in a swimming pool, but it was even better. It was meditation in aerial silks! You curl up like a little catapiller in a cocoon and emerge 50 minutes later feeling like a beautifully refreshed butterfly. Or something like that :)
 



After all the meditation, a girl's gotta head to the pool to banish those pasty white Chicago legs.



Before I knew it, it was time for lunch. The food at Miraval was amazing. Everything was delcious and healthy; not the easiest combo to find. I helped myself to a tuna tartare over a bed of cilantro salad.




Most afternoons I was lucky enough to spend at the Miraval spa. It over looked the mountains and was a tranquil oasis to relax and pamper yourself.





Miraval also has the only Deborah Lippmann nail salon. Doesn't that wall look like the candy aisle in the grocery store? I was in heaven.


And here are some silly pictures of me in a few treatments. The first was an AHHmazing facial with EmergenC products. My skin literally glowed for days.


This treatment was an Ayurveda oil treatment where they massage your body then drip oil on your third eye and into your hair. It made my hair unbelivanle soft for the rest of the trip.


After some tea in the main room, I'd head off to dinner at the communal tables. Everyone was so great there, I met some fascinating people. And what better way to end the day, than with some tasty treats.





What an amazing trip! I want to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment