Monday, November 28, 2011

Have a Ball

I have absolutely nowhere to wear a ball gown, or any type of gown for that matter, but lately I've been obsessed with them. They are all so beautiful and dreamy. Do you remember that scene from Sex and the City where Carrie falls asleep in her glorious gown while waiting for the Russian in Paris? I want to do that.
I think it must be all those Disney princesses I watched when I was little. Damn you, Belle.


First up, a little black swan-esque. Makes me want to reach out and touch those feathers.


Miss Leighton looking stunning.


I love every single thing about this dress. I would cover my body in sparkles if it was socially acceptable.


Mr. de la Renta sure knows how to turn heads.


And of course, this gem from McQueen. It was in an editorial (Vogue, InStyle? can't remember) a few years back, but has been permanently burned into my retinas.

2 comments: