Friday, July 12, 2013

Barcelona Part 2

I have a computer again! Now to finish up on my Barcelona post.

One of the 'must see' things on my Barcelona list was the Antoi Gaudi architecture. I didn't really know what to expect, but I ended up loving it. Everything was so whimsical and colorful.

My hotel was right by the Casa Batillo. A beautiful home that Gaudi designed for a wealthy family. Locals call this the House of Bones. Sounds creepy, but Gaudi built the house reminiscent of the fish skeleton and other elements of nature. It was a stunning tour.


 How cute is this little mushroom room.





The rooftop had tons of colorful chimneys and you can just make out the dragon in the back. Stunning.



After the tour, I jumped on double decker tour bus around the city. I got prime front row seating.


La Sagrada Familia was a major stop. Another Gaudi site with an instagram filter.


Then I hopped off for some gelato and Park Guell. Another Gaudi must see.





After a long day of sight seeing I dressed up and headed out to a fancy dinner on the water.



I treated myself to a seafood paella. It was one of the best I have ever eaten. In the words of T- Swift, Like, ever.

The next morning I did a little sight seeing (and brunch) on La Rambla before heading to the airport.




My next stop? Granada to meet up with some of my family. As you can see below, it was a tight squeeze.


No comments:

Post a Comment