Monday, October 28, 2013

Winter is Coming

I know that winter is right around the corner for us Chicagoans. That makes me scared. I hate the cold (clearly why I moved to this city). Instead of wallowing in fear, I'm going to embrace winter or at least try.

To do that, I need some serious shoe wear. Ballet slippers are cute, but they do not keep me warm for the frigid morning commute. So I'm on the hunt for warm and stylish kicks. It's just the start of my search but I spied these Vince Camuto moto boots that have some potential. I love how the gold accents add a sleek spunk to an otherwise rough cut boot. I think these could hold up to the cold with a thick pair of cable knit socks. Fingers crossed.




 
Images from Nordstrom and Honestly, WTF

5 comments:

  1. I've been on the hunt for a pair of cold-weather commute boots as well! Do you think I could pull off the Frye Engineer 8R?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can pull them off! They are a more rugged boot so they'll hold up better to wear and tear. What color are you thinking? Black?

      Delete
    2. Was thinking either these in Charcoal (http://www.thefryecompany.com/products/77502/engineer-8r), or these in either Charcoal or Black (http://www.thefryecompany.com/products/77500/engineer-8r). What do you think? Of course, now that I've decided I can't live without a pair, they don't have my size available!

      Delete
  2. Both would be awesome, but I like the black the best. Did you decide on one?

    ReplyDelete