Saturday, October 26, 2013

Fall Favorites

There are a few fall pieces I picked up this year that have quickly become fan favorites. Not only am I smitten with them but they elicit a "where did you get that" from friends and strangers alike. So should I hoard them to myself? Nope, I'll share.

First up, these burgundy and black suede pumps with studded ankle straps from Sam Edelman. I got them at the Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale and wasn't quite sure how they would stand up with my fall closet. Turns out, these bad boys go with EVERYTHING.



Next, a co-worker introduced me to a new Chicago boutique, Mulberry and Me. I wandered in one day not expecting anything special but I was wrong. I stumbled on two great fall (and beyond) staples.

When I walked in the sales girl draped this luxurious black cashmere wrap around me. I twirled around in the mirror admiring it's simplicity and elegance. Then I looked at the price tag, yikes. This is definitely an investment piece. It took me a few weeks to decide if I really wanted it and I'm so glad I did it. I've warn this on every plan trip, cold office day and windy Chicago morning.
Warren and White cashmere wrap





I also spied a pair of druzy stud earrings. These are simple and fairly small, yet add just the right amount of pop to a fall ensemble. They also come in an array of colors.


Last but not least. In my continued love of all things burgundy this season, I kept my eye out for a small crossbody bag. Truth be told I was hoping to find a Celine inspired bag and the Michael Kors Bedford in Cinnabar was spot on. It fits everything without becoming a big heavy bag (I have plenty of those), and unhooks to become a clutch. It's still newer in my rotation but magically goes with everything.




As the Chicago winter starts to blow in I'm dreaming about a new winter coat and this Reiss coat is an absolute winner. I've been thinking about this investment for a while. I'm leaning toward the navy.



No comments:

Post a Comment